Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI: Devices on LAN network cannot communicate with each other

tsulsenti60
Aspirant

ORBI: Devices on LAN network cannot communicate with each other

I have an Orbi router in AP mode connected via ethernet to a Netgear C700V2 Gateway with Wifi turned off. I have two satellites. My devices gather the appropriate LAN private IPs as specified in the C700V2 LAN setup page. I can ping the C700V2 at the IP address printed on the router. So the Orbi is propelry working in AP mode however, the devices cannot ping each other. (My Surface 3, Macbook and Windows Desktop PC) I also cannot get Microsoft Remote Desktop connection to work between any of the devices (Surface -> Desktop or Macbook -> Desktop). I tried PC name and private IP given to me by the ipconfig command on the Desktop.

Why would this be? The devices should be able to communicate on the LAN unless I am missing something.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI: Devices on LAN network cannot communicate with each other

Would you mind indicating what the solution was?

And, it helps if the post is marked "Solved" so that others know the issue is closed.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
tsulsenti60
Aspirant

solved nvm

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Would you mind indicating what the solution was?

And, it helps if the post is marked "Solved" so that others know the issue is closed.

Message 3 of 4
tsulsenti60
Aspirant

The solution was my own error in firewall settings. Turning it off fixed it. Obviously this is unsecure so i will have to investigate where exaclty the block is.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7