Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI Hardware Revisions

ImNoOne
Guide

ORBI Hardware Revisions

Can anyone offer information as to the REV. history of the ORBI units?  Is there any way to deterimine the REV. number from the S/N or the box label.  I REALLY liked the ORBI...when it worked.  I finally had to return my set, as it seemed to have "bricked".  Although there seem to have been interminable firmware editions, the units seem to STILL have the same problems...dropouts, lockups, etc.  I just noted in another thread that the USB2.0 ports are now functional...true?

ANYHOW, I was hoping to glean some information as to the internal board REV. # or the RBK-XX REV. #'s in hopes that some sort of catch-up might have been completed on this too-soon-released product.

IMNOONE 

Message 1 of 2
loomis1975
Luminary

Re: ORBI Hardware Revisions

The USB2.0 Ports on the RBR50 and the RBS50 are not officially supported yet, and I don't think there is any widely available firmware where there is any ReadyShare functionality available for these ports, even "unofficially".

As far as I know there is no hardware revision for the RBR50/RBS50 pieces, or any of its associated kits, since it became available somewhere around September of 2016.

I'm 100 percent sure there is no hardware revisions for the newer smaller Orbi products.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7