Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI IN AP MODE

Swickey999999
Aspirant

ORBI IN AP MODE

Hello.

I have the current update on my Orbi, but still cannot get AP mode to work..
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’m using a Rogers Wi-Fi modem, but have disabled the wifi capabilities of the modem.

Thnx Dan.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Re: ORBI IN AP MODE

There's not much that can go wrong. You go to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Router/AP Mode and enable AP mode. What are you observing?

Strictly speaking, you don't have to disable Wi-Fi on your Rogers modem when using the Orbi in AP mode. If you can put some distance between the Rogers box and Orbi and then you can blanket your house with Wi-Fi. Of course, this only makes sense if the Orbi can't cover the house on its own.
Message 2 of 6
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Stricly speaking, using the rogers router for wifi as it's not a part of the bridge network is a bad idea. You will have issues roaming. It will interfere with available channels.  It's just a bad idea from the start.

Message 3 of 6
Swickey999999
Aspirant

I know! I did that.... once I select AP mode and wait for it to change, I can’t log into orbi login.com or orbilogin.net.
No devices are able to connect as well.....so I have to reset orbi to factory settings and leave it in router mode.
Message 4 of 6
godspeed
Apprentice

Is the Rogers Router/Modem handling DHCP?  
Did you connect an ethernet cable from the Rogers Router/Modem to the WAN connection of the Orbi Router?

If both of those are "Yes", then you should be able to look at the mgmt page of the Rogers device and see what IP address is being assigned to the Orbi Router.

Once you have that, you can use the ip address, rather than the orbilogin.com to get to the Orbi mgmt page.

Message 5 of 6
Swickey999999
Aspirant

Yes I did try that... page never loads
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements