Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI Limiting Internet speed to 100mbs

ppilot212
Star

ORBI Limiting Internet speed to 100mbs

So recently Comcast Increaed the internet speed in our bundle to 150mbs, but I noticed after a couple weeks that I was still only getting 100mbs

- Called Comcast and through their troubleshooting process, confirmed that I could get the 150mbs if I connected my PC directly to the Cable Modem

- Went through and checked all the cables to the modem, router and Gigabit switch, to verify everything was at least Cat 5e

- Ran speed test with the main PC (which connected directly to the router va ethernet) and my phone Pixel 2....both of the results were almost identicle. 

- LAN speeds are just fine as file transfers typically max out around Gigabit levels.

At this point, I don't know what to do besides Factory Resetting the entire system again (which I have done since they increased my speed and had no effect)

Thoughts?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model # of the ISP modem? 

Is any QoS or Speed test enabled on the router? 

Testing with different browsers like IE11, FF or Opera? 

@ppilot212wrote:

So recently Comcast Increaed the internet speed in our bundle to 150mbs, but I noticed after a couple weeks that I was still only getting 100mbs

- Called Comcast and through their troubleshooting process, confirmed that I could get the 150mbs if I connected my PC directly to the Cable Modem

- Went through and checked all the cables to the modem, router and Gigabit switch, to verify everything was at least Cat 5e

- Ran speed test with the main PC (which connected directly to the router va ethernet) and my phone Pixel 2....both of the results were almost identicle. 

- LAN speeds are just fine as file transfers typically max out around Gigabit levels.

At this point, I don't know what to do besides Factory Resetting the entire system again (which I have done since they increased my speed and had no effect)

Thoughts?

Message 2 of 4
ppilot212
Star

Motorola SB6141

Under the QoS tab the only thing that pops up is a speed test.  Is that something that can be disabled? Just to add another layer to the wierdness that if I run the speedtest there I get the full speed.

Edge and Firefox were slightly faster, still not faster than 100mbs.

UPDATE: Reset my all my network hardware and I get the full speed now.  Not sure what was going on but we are good to go.  Thanks for the post!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Reset network HW as in? Did you reset the router? 

@ppilot212wrote:

Motorola SB6141

Under the QoS tab the only thing that pops up is a speed test.  Is that something that can be disabled? Just to add another layer to the wierdness that if I run the speedtest there I get the full speed.

Edge and Firefox were slightly faster, still not faster than 100mbs.

UPDATE: Reset my all my network hardware and I get the full speed now.  Not sure what was going on but we are good to go.  Thanks for the post!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7