Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI Problems with Uverse

Ihateuverse
Aspirant

ORBI Problems with Uverse

I have an RBR40 ORBI router system at my home.  I have Att Uverse.  So I had to change the router into access point mode. I moved into my new home about a month and half ago and I do not have consistent internet throughout the house.  It just seems that the satellites are not syncing with the router unit.  When it works it works great.  Router unit and Satellites showing download and upload in excess of 300mb.  But, when it doesn't work believe me, I hear about it.  I cannot figure out what the issue is.  I have to constantly reset the router and the satellites.  I can be sitting next to a satellite and yet there is no internet. To make matters even more complicated, I cannot access the router unit through the orbi app nor can I pull it up by putting the IP address in a browser.   I have logged into the uverse router to see the IP address assigned to the router and tried logging into it with the IP address assigned, but yet that does not work either.  My guess is that maybe the firmware is not correct on the satellites. But, there is no way to know unless I can login, which I cannot.  

Has anyone else experienced these issues?  I appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 4
Ihateuverse
Aspirant

I have done #3 - where I shut off the wireless output of the ATT router. I have connected the Orbi Router unit to the ATT router. I have the two satellite units spaced out in various places around the home.  I have a 5000 sqft home.  Hence the reason for purchasing the orbi's.  But, it seems that I have to reset the router unit everyday because the two satellites have no output.  I can be sitting next to a satellite and run a speed test, and all I get is an error message that no isp is found.  I thought maybe the satellites and the router unit may have different firmware on them.  So, I tried logging into to the router unit, but I cannot login through orbilogin.com nor can I login through the app.  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7