Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBK23: non riesco ad utilizzare ps4

Oronzo
Tutor

ORBI RBK23: non riesco ad utilizzare ps4

ho appena installato ORBI RBK 23 in casa mia e non riesco ne ad utilizzare la ps4 ne scaricare e aggiornare le app da app store.

come posso risolvere questo spiacevole problema? 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@Oronzo wrote:

I just installed ORBI RBK 23 in my house and I can not use ps4 or download and update apps from the app store.

How can I solve this unfortunate problem?

Please check that your ISP modem is in bridged mode and that wifi is switched off. Otherwise, if that can't be configured then please change Orbi to AP Mode.

Good luck 🙂

Message 2 of 10
Oronzo
Tutor

@ekhalil i have done the switch into AP mode.
actually now i am able to update and download apps from appstore and also also using playstation.

however i have an important question. afterhaving swicthed into AP mode, if i go to orbi app to see the "map" of orbi rbk23 it is different from before. let's say that, before the router and the satellites were in line. now i have the router which talk to the satellites but the satellites are not cominicating between them.

could you please help me to solve this problem? cause at the moment all the devices seem to be connected to router (no one with the satellites)

please help me if you can

Message 3 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@Oronzo wrote:

@ekhalil i have done the switch into AP mode.
actually now i am able to update and download apps from appstore and also also using playstation.

however i have an important question. afterhaving swicthed into AP mode, if i go to orbi app to see the "map" of orbi rbk23 it is different from before. let's say that, before the router and the satellites were in line. now i have the router which talk to the satellites but the satellites are not cominicating between them.

could you please help me to solve this problem? cause at the moment all the devices seem to be connected to router (no one with the satellites)

please help me if you can

Great that things are working better now!

Regarding the network map, if you are now seeing something like the following:

8zWaU+gmTfOzkI%NscEuIQ_thumb_8b8.jpg

This is normal. This means that the network is in "Star" topology and router is communicating with the satellites and also the satellites will be comminicating with each other through the router. Nothing wrong with this. 

If fact if you have "Daisy Chain" enabled and the signal from a satellite to another satellite is stronger than that of the router then your devices will choose to connect on Daisy Chain topology, something like the following:

oTiXYBCxTQ2jlb3jl72Krw_thumb_8b4.jpg

Both topologies are ok. It depends on how far the units are from each other and the radio conditions in your home.

Message 4 of 10
Oronzo
Tutor

@ekhalil thanks a lot man for the help.
it seems that everything is working properly right now.
the only thing that i am not able to do is to pause/start connection to a specific device. do i have to do something to enable this function?

is it also possible to prioritize the connection to a specific device or ORBI does it independently?

thanks again!!

Message 5 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@Oronzo wrote:

@ekhalil thanks a lot man for the help.
it seems that everything is working properly right now.
the only thing that i am not able to do is to pause/start connection to a specific device. do i have to do something to enable this function?

is it also possible to prioritize the connection to a specific device or ORBI does it independently?

thanks again!!

I'm glad that things are working now!

To be able to pause/start connections to certian devices you need to activate "Access Control". Please use the web GUI as follows to activate the functionality:

Namnlöst.png

Currently it's not possible to prioritize connectivity of certain devices over others. I think -and really hope- that QoS features will be added soon or later to Orbi. I'm also looking forward for that!

Message 6 of 10
Oronzo
Tutor

@ekhalil

i am really sorry to bother you again but i am facing another problem with my device.

a week ago i had a problem with my provider which has been fix only today.

after having fix the problem with the modem i have turned on the orbi system.

unfortunately neither the router nor the satellites were working.

due to that, i have resetted the router through the button (not sure about this).

now the situation is the following:

- only the router is working (it is connected with wired connection to the modem)

- both the satellites are not found (even if they are in the same position then before)

- orbi has created two different wifi lan (now i have the wifi of the modem and 2 orbi wifi)

can you please help me in fix this big trouble??

Message 7 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@Oronzo wrote:

@ekhalil

i am really sorry to bother you again but i am facing another problem with my device.

a week ago i had a problem with my provider which has been fix only today.

after having fix the problem with the modem i have turned on the orbi system.

unfortunately neither the router nor the satellites were working.

due to that, i have resetted the router through the button (not sure about this).

now the situation is the following:

- only the router is working (it is connected with wired connection to the modem)

- both the satellites are not found (even if they are in the same position then before)

- orbi has created two different wifi lan (now i have the wifi of the modem and 2 orbi wifi)

can you please help me in fix this big trouble??

Do you still see the Satellites in the Attched Devices menu in the GUI under >> BASIC >> Attached Devices?

You should see them as "Disconnected" and you should also see "Remove" beside that, right?

Message 8 of 10
ekhalil
Master

Any luck? You need to remove the Satellites and add them again.

Is Daisy Chain activated or not activated now?

Message 9 of 10
Oronzo
Tutor

daisy chain is on.

now the situation is: one satellite is connected and the other full magenta

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation