Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBK50 - Devices not connecting to nearest satellite

icyberg
Follower

ORBI RBK50 - Devices not connecting to nearest satellite

Hi need help here, i stay in Singapore on a 5 room BTO.

My router is in the living room, while my satellite is on the master bedroom furtherest away.

I am connected via wired backhaul.

No issue with my connection in both my living room and my master bed room.

Device can connect to the satellite when im in the master bed room.

Question here is, my 2 other room, the connection is very poor. frequently getting only 1 bar or even disconnected.

Although this 2 room should be nearer to the satellite, i realize that my phone doesnt get connect to that when im in the room. it always point to the main router.

I though this ORBI will be able to fix all the blind spot issue as advertise, however i am not able to get the full coverage in the 2 guest room.

Able to advise how can i improve?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBK50 - Devices not connecting to nearest satellite

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7