Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBK50 Infected with virus that required user name and password to access web sites

rickg75984
Follower

ORBI RBK50 Infected with virus that required user name and password to access web sites

Googled this problem and responses were correct that it was the router (ORBI RBK50 in my case that was causing the problem)

Reset to factory setting and re-set up the router seems to have fixed the problem

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
Spro206
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBK50 Infected with virus that required user name and password to access web sites

Me too, happened sometime last night.
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBK50 Infected with virus that required user name and password to access web sites

Probably a misconfiguration of the system. Would need more information regarding this. 

Message 3 of 5
Spro206
Aspirant

I returned home this morning to find my entire system reset to factory with no settings saved and my WiFi network gone. Literally went to sleep and woke to this mess.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Was the FW just updated? 

I would factory reset once more and setup from scratch and this time save off a back up configuration to file. 

@Spro206 wrote:
I returned home this morning to find my entire system reset to factory with no settings saved and my WiFi network gone. Literally went to sleep and woke to this mess.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7