Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBK50 Sateliites and compatibility with other netgear mesh products?

Dinosaur
Aspirant

ORBI RBK50 Sateliites and compatibility with other netgear mesh products?

I recently insalled an ORBI AC 3000 router and satellite.  I am achievin great speed but have a dead spot t th end of the house and want to add a second satellite to the mesh system.,  Unfortunately, living in Australia, I do not se to be able to find a retailer that sells only the satellite.  I do not want to by another set as the second router will not be used and it is a waste of funds.

Will the AC 2000 series satellites mesh and be compatible with the AC3000 as both are triband?  These are aailable as single satellites.

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI RBK50 Sateliites and compatibility with other netgear mesh products?

Absolutely, yes.  As far as I know every satellite will connect to every router.  The "wall plug", the "20", the "40", the "50".  All of them will connect to every router.  From the number of times this question is asked, there are a LOT of people who are seriously annoyed that Netgear did not set up a distribution channel for satellites.  There is even the same discord over the "newest and greatest" WiFi 6 product, which comes in a package, but is not sold as a single satellite.

As one of my friends used to say, "How hard can it be?" 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7