Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBK52W Specifications

jb20
Aspirant

ORBI RBK52W Specifications

I am considering purchasing an Orbi system, however, I am frustrated that I an unable to speak to a knowledgeable company representative about the specifications for the RBK52W that are listed in the following link: https://kb.netgear.com/000038220/Which-Orbi-WiFi-System-is-best-for-me

Before I pull the plug and purchase a Linksys mesh system I thought I would post this question in the forum. Specifically the above link shows that the RBK52W bundle consists of one RBR50 (AC3000) unit and two RBW30 (AC2200) units.  It also indicates that the Back Haul speed is 4x4 (1.7 GBS).  Is this accurate?  How can the RBW30 (2x2) satellite units communicate with the RBR50 (4x4) at this speed?  Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I am really surprised that Netgear does not provide pre-purchase sales support.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ORBI RBK52W Specifications

Hello Jb20

The RBW30 would be using 866Mbps for the back haul connection the 1.7Gbs would be if you are using a RBR50 with a RBS50.

You can find the specs for the RBW30 here.

http://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/RBW30.pdf

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
jb20
Aspirant

That is what I thought.  To be honest, this is kind of false advertising, the listed Back Haul speed of 1.7 GPS (4x4) in the link is specific to the RBK52W bundle which  does not onclude an AC3000 satellite.  It is complicated by the fact that Netgear does not have representatives that can clarify this point.  I am wondering how credible Netgear is as a mesh network supplier.

In any event, why would anyone purchase a bundle that couples an AC3000 router with AC2200 satellites?  I am not a techie and I am just trying to understand this.

Thank you

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

How big is the place that you are trying to implement a mesh network in? this may give me a better idea of recommending which bundle you should look at.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 8
jb20
Aspirant

I have a an old two story ranch, with lots of concrete walls.  About 1800 sq ft on each floor.  I have 1 Gig interenet service via Comcast.  My signal signal strenght and speed drops in the far reaches of my house (my modem is in one corener of the house).  I think I can figure it out if I knew the truth.  To be honest, my main concern is about Netgear.  There is no phone number that you can call and speak to an adult.  If it is this bad before a purchase I can only imagine what it would be like after a purchase.  

Other than future expansion/upgrade why would anyone want to couple AC2200 satellites with an AC3000 router?  In my opinion, the link from the company is really deceptive.

Message 5 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I would suggest that you would want the RBK50 or RBK53 this would cover the square footage and you would still be able to get the 1Gb speed across the 5ghz network.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 8
jb20
Aspirant

That is kind of what I was thinking.  But I am still curious as to why the RBK52W is rated at 2000 sq ft less than the RBK53, they both have two satellites.  Also there seems to be quite a few reports of owners being plagued by dropped internet connections.  I am wondering how robust this system is especially in light of the non existent pre-purchase support.  

Message 7 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The satellites in the RBK52w are wall plugs that cover less square footage which is up to 1500 sq ft per wall plug compared to the RBK53 which comes with 2 RBS50 that can cover up to 2500 sq ft per unit.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7