Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBK53 2.1.2.10 firmware actually seems stable for me

larryindublin
Luminary

ORBI RBK53 2.1.2.10 firmware actually seems stable for me

So I just checked and my Router has now been up for 5 days. Satellite for just over 3 days, but I relocated it 3 days ago. I have a 2 satellite kit, but have removed 1 satellite from my setup since I don't think it's neccesary yet until we finish the basement (and I see if I need it).

Have UPNP turned off.

Agressive Roaming turned on.

Everything else default but I do use opendns DNS entries.

Have about 28 devices in a mix consisting of Windows laptops, iPads, iPhones, Philips HUE hub, Blink Camera Hub, 3 Echo Dot's and 1 full size Echo, wireless speaker, several smart switches and bulbs that are wifi (vs on Hue hub), Chromecast, Fire Stick, and 3 smart TV's (1 connected via Ethernet AC adapter). Oh, and 1 Android phone running 7.0...

Only complaints are my android phone seems to want to connect to 2.4 network as I get further away from house (makes sense - better range on 2.4) but doesn't seem to switch back to 5 once back in house. I turn off wifi on phone then back on....back on 5...

I'm happier than I've been since I got this at Thanksgiving but still happy Costco will even take back dead Christmas trees after the new year 🙂

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 12
VinG
Aspirant

Just wait... it's been as bad as ever for me (and a lot of folks posting here).

Message 2 of 12
vcdx71
Star

Not to jinx it, but it’s been damn near perfect for me.. ~90 devices.. no drops or reboots since I loaded it last week..
Message 3 of 12
MrX911
Apprentice

2 weeks solid for me. Here is what I posted in another thread...

OK I've moaned alot about the last 2 firmwares fior several months to the extent that I went out and trialed Amflifi and Google, both were 100% stable and I decided on the Amplifi and stuck the Orbi away. I think it only fair I report sonething positive back:

Then the latest beta came out (2.1.2.10) and I had some spare time!

I have to say that I have not had a single drop in the last 2 weeks. The only thing that is not working for me is Daisy Chain but I have Good wifi backhaul on 3 satallites.

I'm running 60 cliients at peak mainly Apple, Amazon, CCTV but no Android devices other than Android on a couple of 4k TVs.

All devices are reporting correct attachment too.

The Amplifi is now boxed up and my return window with that is 31st Jan. Crossing fingers that things only improve and netgear learn some valuable lesssons too. 

Message 4 of 12
worldofshayan
Apprentice

How do you get this firmware?

Message 5 of 12
WAS_1
Aspirant

Just upgraded to V2.1.2.10 Beta. All ok except that one Satellite now has Backhaul Status: Poor; the other Satellite is Good. Previously, both were Good. Will adjust the position of Satellite 1 to see if I can restore to Good. Otherwise, all is working ok.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 6 of 12
worldofshayan
Apprentice

I just upgraded. Everything seems stable. The main thing now Orbi lacks is their APP TO ME FAR MORE INTUITIVE AND USER FRIENDLY. Put the advanced features in the app, get some QOS in place and this is a winner. Otherwise too problematic to setup and maintain.
Message 7 of 12
Miles267
Apprentice

@WAS_1 wrote:

Just upgraded to V2.1.2.10 Beta. All ok except that one Satellite now has Backhaul Status: Poor; the other Satellite is Good. Previously, both were Good. Will adjust the position of Satellite 1 to see if I can restore to Good. Otherwise, all is working ok.

Am experiencing same behavior with 2.1.2.10 and one of my satellites.  In this case it's one of the new Outdoor satellite units.  Were you able to address your issue?

BTW, I have daisy chain disabled.

Message 8 of 12
WAS_1
Aspirant

@Miles267 wrote:

@WAS_1 wrote:

Am experiencing same behavior with 2.1.2.10 and one of my satellites.  In this case it's one of the new Outdoor satellite units.  Were you able to address your issue?

BTW, I have daisy chain disabled.

Yes, I re-installed the Beta firmware on that satellite, and now the Backhaul status on both Satellites is Good. I also have Daisy chain disabled.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 9 of 12
larryindublin
Luminary

Odd thing with my satellites (and not just on this beta firmware) is that it sometimes takes a few minutes for the to “settle in”. The connection and strength will bounce around for a bit.

Message 10 of 12
shadowdoc
Tutor

where did you find the link for the v2.1.2.10 firmware?

Message 11 of 12
tagteam
Virtuoso

shadowdoc wrote:

where did you find the link for the v2.1.2.10 firmware?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-1-1/td-p/1476960

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7