Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBK53 Satellite Problems

EBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

ORBI RBK53 Satellite Problems

I have an Orbi RBK53 mesh system.  It has been working perfectly.  However, over the past week, I have been having trouble with one of the satellites.  When I plug it in I lose internet connectivity on over the entire Orbi system.  I have tried rebooting it several times, even resetting the satellite.  When I disconnect it, I get great speeds in the area immediately around the base router, but slower speed around the other satellite, but at least it is working.  How do I get this other satellite back to working?

Message 1 of 12
ekhalil
Master

- Do you have any wired devices to the problematic Satellite?

- Do you use wired or wireless backhaul on the working Satellite?

- What firmware version do you have on that Satellite? 2.2.1.210?

Message 2 of 12
EBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

No wired devices or backhaul. The satellite comes on, but nothing happens. It just stopped working.
Message 3 of 12
ekhalil
Master

@EBK wrote:

..........  When I plug it in I lose internet connectivity on over the entire Orbi system. ....

- When you have this Satellite plugged in and connected, what do you see in the web interface (orbilogin.net) under connected devices? What does it say about that Satellite's connection?

- When you have the issue of "no internet", what can you see in the Logs (under ADVANCED tab >> Administration >> Logs)?

- When you have the issue of "no internet", do all your devices loose internet even those connected to the Router?

- Do you have Daisy-Chain enabled or disabled (under ADVANCED tab >> Advanced Setup >> Wireless Settings)?

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the satellite, hold the reset button for 10 seconds or until the top led turns on AMBER, then let go. Top led should blink WHITE then eventually pulsate WHITE. If you see the pulsate WHITE, try to re-add it to the system. 

@EBK wrote:
No wired devices or backhaul. The satellite comes on, but nothing happens. It just stopped working.

Message 5 of 12
EBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, the daisy chain is enabled.  I am at a loss.

Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

If you tried the reset and it won't work right, I recommend you contact NG support and get the satellite replaced. 

@Blanca_O

@EBK wrote:

yes, the daisy chain is enabled.  I am at a loss.

Message 7 of 12
EBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you have the info to contact NETGEAR in the USA?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Send @Blanca_O a PM and she will help you out. 

Message 9 of 12
ekhalil
Master

@EBK wrote:

Do you have the info to contact NETGEAR in the USA?

If you log in to your Netgear account at https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/ you will be directed to the correct contact information.

Please follow the instructions in the following post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/product-support-contact-info/m-p/1681150/highlight/true#M48195

Good luck..

Message 10 of 12
EBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done what this says several times.  I just think something is wrong with the satellites.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes with NG support. 

@EBK wrote:

I have done what this says several times.  I just think something is wrong with the satellites.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7