Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBK53 from Costco S/N already registered

Stepho
Aspirant

ORBI RBK53 from Costco S/N already registered

Two Problems:

First I bought the ORBI at Costco and when I go online to register for free support with the serial number, I get serial number already registered.  I have not registered it and I want the 90 days free support. How/Who can I contact?

Second, after completing setup the ORBI app shows and Update message on home screen.  When I go to update it wants me to log in to orbilogin.net but no information as to what ID/password is required.  I have not set up a orbilogin.net ID and password and this screen does not provide information as to how to do that.  What is required here?

thanks in advance.  

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBK53 from Costco S/N already registered

I would contact NG support:

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

@DarrenM

Did you walk thru the set up wizard after you logged into orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 and walk thru the setup process?

What Verion of FW is currently loaded on the router and satellites?

If old FW, you may need to follow this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

Satellites need to be updated first before the router does...

Message 2 of 4
Stepho
Aspirant

Thanks very much.  My questions is HOW to contact support without signing up for a plan.  Since I emailed this forum earlier, I received a Netgear email confirming that the ORBI serial number is now registered to me.  Not sure how that happened, since I received errors when I tried to register it...  However, I can now see it on my owned Netgear device list when logged in to netgear.com.  

Looking at that page, there is no link to contact support via chat or email.  The link you provided below takes me to the page with the options to register my serial number, or subscribe to paid support.  How do I access free chat or email under my now registered ORBI product?

As to the setup, it worked fine but I am having trouble using unique SSID and passwords than those provided on the box.  When I did the firmware update the install crashed and I had to reset all devices and start all over with the factory issued passwords (admin is "password" - really?) because the SSID I assigned and the new passwords would not work.  I will look into this further and start a new thread if I have questions.  At this point, I just need to know how to access my 90 days of free support.  Thanks again. 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You might PM one of the forum Moderators:

@DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos