Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBK53 vs RBK53S

Tariq_37
Aspirant

ORBI RBK53 vs RBK53S

Just asking about the differences between Orbi models RBK53 and RBK53S ? Is there any extra features in the second model ?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Tariq_37

RBK53 and RBK53S do have the same performance and functionality. The main difference is RBK53S has a free 1-year subscription for NETGEAR Armor and no USB port. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 9
Tariq_37
Aspirant

Also noticed usb flash port in the back of RBK53 which is not there in RBK53S model !! I am confused here !!

Message 3 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@Tariq_37 wrote:

Also noticed usb flash port in the back of RBK53 which is not there in RBK53S model !! I am confused here !!

AFAIK the USB 2.0 port in place on the RBR50 and the RBS50 (making the RBK53 kit) has no function - no ReadyShare, no USB storage support, no USB network sharing, .... so it was pretty save to remove.

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible it was removed for v2 or just wasn't included in the pictures used the spec sheets. Would have to see a physical RBRv2 to see this...

Message 5 of 9
Tariq_37
Aspirant

Thanks guys.. But also comparing both data sheets I noticed differences in the weight of each unit (RBK53 more heavy) and the flash memory. I am not sure about other features like Circle support as well. Also after searching, RBK53S is not available outside the US. Any other differences infos and features between both to share please !!
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Might ask NG support what all is and isn't supported.

@Blanca_O 

Message 7 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Tariq_37

RBK53 and RBK53S do have the same performance and functionality. The main difference is RBK53S has a free 1-year subscription for NETGEAR Armor and no USB port. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

"Free" (snicker)  How about, "Included in the product cost is a one year subscription."

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7