Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBK753 - General Quetions

jimsasselli
Aspirant

ORBI RBK753 - General Quetions

A few basic quetions:

1) The blue light on one of my satellite units occasionally turns blue.  I know that no colored lights means normal operation, as such I suspect the light is to simply indicate a temporary loss of connection?

2) My network set-up shows the router connected to Satellite 2 and then Satellite 1 (in that order)...should the order be reversed to 1 and then 2, or is this normal/okay?

3) My network set-up also shows a solid line from the Modem to the Router and a dotted line from the Router to each of the satellite units.  I suspect the solid line is to indicate a hard wire connectin via CAT-5 and the dotted line is to indicate a wireless connection...correct?

Thanks,

Jim

Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI RBK753 - General Quetions

1. Blue light - no idea
  2. Order of satellites, #1 is the satellite that appears "on top" on the web display.  If the units have chosen to "Daisy Chain", then the unit closest to the router should be the one connected to the router. The farther away unit will be at the "end" of the chain.
    An easy way to test is to power off the unit that is farthest away and see what happens.
    (p.s. the forum is loaded with complaints that the Orbi 'app' does not show the network connections correctly.)
  3. Correct. Solid line indicates ethernet connection. Dotted Lind, WiFi.
Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

@jimsasselli wrote:

A few basic quetions:

1) The blue light on one of my satellite units occasionally turns blue.  I know that no colored lights means normal operation, as such I suspect the light is to simply indicate a temporary loss of connection?

2) My network set-up shows the router connected to Satellite 2 and then Satellite 1 (in that order)...should the order be reversed to 1 and then 2, or is this normal/okay?

3) My network set-up also shows a solid line from the Modem to the Router and a dotted line from the Router to each of the satellite units.  I suspect the solid line is to indicate a hard wire connectin via CAT-5 and the dotted line is to indicate a wireless connection...correct?

Thanks,

Jim

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

@jimsasselli wrote:

A few basic quetions:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062035/How-many-satellites-can-you-add-to-an-Orbi-WiFi-System 📡

2) My network set-up shows the router connected to Satellite 2 and then Satellite 1 (in that order)...should the order be reversed to 1 and then 2, or is this normal/okay? Depends on how you have the RBS placed out from the router and how they were turned on and connected to the router. Got a screen capture of this? 

3) My network set-up also shows a solid line from the Modem to the Router and a dotted line from the Router to each of the satellite units.  I suspect the solid line is to indicate a hard wire connectin via CAT-5 and the dotted line is to indicate a wireless connection...correct? YES. 

Message 4 of 8
jimsasselli
Aspirant

IMG_0339.jpg

Message 5 of 8
jimsasselli
Aspirant

IMG_0339.jpg

Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

One of the most frustrating features of the Netgear community forums is that images placed "in-line" using the Photos icon in the task bar above do not appear to others until approved by a forum moderator, which can take hours (or days).

Images that are "attached" using the Browse button in the lower left are available immediately.

So, you went to a lot of effort to post two images, but no one can see them.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

They are displayed now...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements