Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR 50 can not get it to work...

Mfrostjones
Guide

ORBI RBR 50 can not get it to work...

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to set up my Orbi router & satellite. I am able to get as far white light, then I log in to the orbi wifi successfully then trying detect, it get 1/4 the way then says can not find. I’m still connected via WiFi and my internet works as I do speed tests and all is good. I have xfinity and can log into orbi’s WiFi.

I’m really getting frustrated and might just return this product if I can not get to work

01D43ECA-A2A1-441B-AE16-D3BB0B77029D.png

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
st_shaw
Master

@Mfrostjones wrote:

I’m still connected via WiFi and my internet works as I do speed tests and all is good. I have xfinity and can log into orbi’s WiFi.

So, what exactly is the problem then?  I cannot tell from your descripton nor from your image.

Message 2 of 9
Mfrostjones
Guide

I am unable to connect to my orbi. I get stuck and then brings me back to this page. I can not link it up.
Message 3 of 9
Ulairi
Luminary

Have you tried setting it up using the browser from a PC, rather than the App?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

There was issue in 2.1.3 with setup using the app are you able to try and set the unit up with a web browser using orbilogin.net?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 9
Mfrostjones
Guide

I will try

Message 6 of 9
Mfrostjones
Guide

I have tried to do it through my computer and it’s Not finding the internet connection. It’s stating I need to reboot the modem (again) and to check the Ethernet connection.
Help!
Message 7 of 9
Mfrostjones
Guide

And asked for the MAC address and still won’t work
Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to factory reset the orbi by holding the reset button for 10+ seconds then try to do the setup again.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7