Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR 50 cannot receive internet from cat6 cable

maurice-william
Aspirant

ORBI RBR 50 cannot receive internet from cat6 cable

I have moved my orbi router and had to lay a long cat 6 internet cable (40m) from my modem to my orbi router. I connect the cat 6 cable from my modem to my orbi router it doesn't work but if I don't put the cable in my orbi router but in my pc it will work. So I'm sure the cable works.

So I went to test and put my orbi router closer to my modem and connected it to the included internet cable (cat 5e) and this works.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Maurice Pattyn
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

40 meters is kind of long. Though it should work. Did you power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds, then power ON the modem first and let it synce, then power ON the RBR with the 40m cable connected? 

Message 2 of 4
maurice-william
Aspirant

Thanks for your help FURRYe38

Firmware orbi rbr50: v2.3.5.30

I have a special modem from my provider in Belgium ''Telenet''. I would not know what information I can give you from my modem.
I don't think the modem is the problem. And is 40m too long for a cat6 cable?

yes I have tried everything but nothing works but if I connect a cat5e then it works, very strange. But the stange thing is my cat 6 works on my pc but not on my orbi router 😞

Can an orbi receive internet from a cat6 cable?
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible the length is too long. 

My home is all wired with CAT6 and CAT6A and my Orbi 5 series systems works well. Thought I don't have 40m length cable. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7