Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR 50 dropping

VCap404
Follower

ORBI RBR 50 dropping

I have a ORBI RBR 50 with on esatelite.  I havae lost the Internet connection.  When I do Speed test i get 400 + Download and 20 + upload but nothing works Wirelessly or Wired.

I reset ORBI and it works for a hot second, i reset modem then reset ORBI and it works for a few minutes.  I have VOIP phone and it works consistenly.

There are no updtaes needed a sfar as i can tell.

Any suggestions?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@VCap404 wrote:

I have a ORBI RBR 50 with one satelite.  I have lost the Internet connection.  When I do Speed test i get 400 + Download and 20 + upload but nothing works Wirelessly or Wired.

I reset ORBI and it works for a hot second, i reset modem then reset ORBI and it works for a few minutes.  I have VOIP phone and it works consistenly.

Are you managing the Orbi with the Orbi web interface or the Orbi "app"?

When the internet is lost, does the "ring light" at the top of the Orbi router display a color?

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

Is the VoIP phone connected to the ISP modem or to the Orbi?

Is this Speed Test report from "normal operation" or when the internet connection is lost?

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Look on one of your wireless devices and see what IP address the network card grabbed. 

Is your DHCP server on your internet router or Orbi RBR50?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7