Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR20 please help

Codybuts
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR20 please help

Also like I stated my isp renamed their wifi to mine ( althout I don't think it does anything at all and I told them that , also made sure to forget it in my wifi list so I never connect to it, they also said they switched some band mode ? Idk either way I'm pretty sure I can login my router and disable their wifi and it won't change a thing, I know it's seperate from the TiVo wifi or something cause I've done it on each modem .

Message 76 of 85
Codybuts
Aspirant

My only issue now is after sitting in my living room for half hour and check my speed it's 40 Mbps, I reload my wifi connection and it goes back to 500.. what causes this ?
Message 77 of 85
Codybuts
Aspirant

It seems as after walking around my house for a bit I check my speed and it's 50-100 and when I reload the wifi signal on my phone it goes back to where it should be..what would be causing this
Message 78 of 85
Codybuts
Aspirant

Everything is good on orbilogin.

To me the problem seems to be with sat 2.. I just can't figure it out.

Is sat 1 and sat 2 too close ? Is there anything else I can do, if I disconnect sat 2 I get reduced speeds to 20 Mbps..with sat 2 when working properly 150 ish ..and around 600 at router and sat 1 300 ish.. shouldn't I get mostly close to the same speeds everywhere? Thanksb
Message 79 of 85
ekhalil
Master

@Codybuts wrote:
It seems as after walking around my house for a bit I check my speed and it's 50-100 and when I reload the wifi signal on my phone it goes back to where it should be..what would be causing this

Can you please check if your phone was connected to the same Orbi node (Router/Satellite) before and after you disconnect the wifi and reconnect again?

What I think happens is that your phone gets good speed when connected to specific Satellite/Router and then speed drops if it connects to the Satellite with bad backhaul, can this be right?

Another thing is have you tried to disable Daisy Chain to force all Satellites to connect directly to the Router instead of connecting to each other in daisy channel topology?

Message 80 of 85
Codybuts
Aspirant

Thanks again for the reply .

I get good wifi disconnecting and reconnecting beside satellites ( sat 2 only 100 ish atm ) ( sat 1 3-500).

If I walk from sat 1 to my living room or kitchen ( above router ) speeds will decrease tremendously, if I reload the wifi it seems to be fine .

With all of the other troubles I've been having, changing MTU and threshold, dynamic IP etc etc... Should I reconfigure the whole system again maybe ?? Cause I'm just gonna guess maybe the new modem fixed everything and with the last modem I had to change no settings .

Just not sure what to do at this point or what to change .

Could it be the transmit volume or whatever needs changing?

All satellite are showing GOOD . Although sat 2 showed FAIR this morning. Maybe I should move it closer?
Message 81 of 85
Codybuts
Aspirant

No bad backhaul now, just seems moving in-between them I get a poor speed and it doesn't reconnect to the faster one, or if it does the speeds not right until I turn wifi on and off..if this make any sense
Message 82 of 85
ekhalil
Master

My questions were:
1. when you “reload” wifi, will your phone connect to the same node (Router/Satellite) as it was connected to before this step?
2. Do you need Daisy Chain configuration? Have you tried with Daisy Chain disabled?
Message 83 of 85
Codybuts
Aspirant

Sorry I am not home will have to check which it stays connected to, my guess is it's holding connection from the previous satellite as I walk into another room closer to another satellite.

Daisy chain is needed as sat 2 connects to sat 1 .

Router front of house basement
Sat 1 main floor back of house
Sat 2 garage .

If I disconnect sat 2 I still get wifi in garage , very poor wifi.

Walking from back of house ( main floor ) to front of house ( above router ) wifi gets low speeds until reconnected
Message 84 of 85
Codybuts
Aspirant

I am going to accept the solution that it was the ISP modem all along..even after swapping out the hitron coda 4589 did just not want to keep my orbi online.
With my new Arris modem I have been staying online !

Just having slight issues with orbi speeds I will open a new thread and thanks for everyone who assisted and listened to me in this topic
Message 85 of 85
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 84 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7