Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR40 won't work with Static IP

bryanspellman
Follower

ORBI RBR40 won't work with Static IP

I am getting a Static IP address from MetroNet.  Tried for 2 hours to get it to work and the RBR40 will not 'see' the Static IP.  I have internet and WIFI using the service provided Dynamic IP but when we switch it over to the Static IP address the ORBI does not see it.  Firmware is upgraded, rebooted ORBI several times.  MetroNet changed the service back and forth several times.  Dynamic IP works, Static IP does not.  HELP!

Thank you in advance,

Bryan

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR40 won't work with Static IP

@bryanspellman wrote:

I am getting a Static IP address from MetroNet.  Tried for 2 hours to get it to work and the RBR40 will not 'see' the Static IP.  I have internet and WIFI using the service provided Dynamic IP but when we switch it over to the Static IP address the ORBI does not see it.  Firmware is upgraded, rebooted ORBI several times.  MetroNet changed the service back and forth several times.  Dynamic IP works, Static IP does not.  HELP!

The Metronet modem is only a modem, correct? No router or WiFi capability?

I am guessing that all the components of the static IP were entered on the Orbi router web interface "Internet" menu (see attachment), including the subnet mask and gateway address, and also the DNS entry toward the bottom of the page.  (DHCP supplies ALL of this. A real static IP requires that you enter them yourself.)

It might be worth verifying that Metronet has the static IP configured correctly by connecting a computer directly to the Metronet modem. Then configure the computer for static IP, correct subnet mask, gateway address, DNS.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7