Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR50 - Impossible to reset after power failure

Profax
Aspirant

ORBI RBR50 - Impossible to reset after power failure

Hi,

After a power failure at home, I lost the access to my orbi router.

I reboot both equipments the one after the other as described in ORBI documentation, connect with an ethernet cable to my ISP modem, try to ping the router, but still no access...

Note : When I power it on, I didn't had any light on top of it (blue, green and so). I still can see the green light at the back of the router which means that I got power.

Since I cannot access it anymore, I tried to reset it by holding the reset button at the back, but even after 1 minute, I still don't have any blinking orange led...

Do you think it's dead or do you see anything else I can try.

Thanks for your help!

CLement

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR50 - Impossible to reset after power failure

Message 2 of 4
Profax
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. That's what I did last time it happened (not the first time actually).

But this time my computer do not even recognize there is an Ethernet cable plugged in my Orbit 🙂

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this method:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Need to press the reset button for 30 seconds then release, then it send to PUT the command and upload the FW. 
I had a problem on a Windows 10 PC where this didn't work to use TFTP, so I switched to a WIndows 7 PC and the TFTP worked.

@Profax wrote:

Thanks for your reply. That's what I did last time it happened (not the first time actually).

But this time my computer do not even recognize there is an Ethernet cable plugged in my Orbit 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7