Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR50 / QoS

OrcaB
Initiate

ORBI RBR50 / QoS

Hi folks - bear with me if this is a duplicate, the search I did helped but did not isolate within forum.

I am on firmware 1.12.0.18 - after installing manually. That was not fun as it was just out of the box and I was not quite ready for messing about.

Anyway I headed over to QoS and in essence found it empty - speed test might be useful but not as the sole QoS entry.

I want to QoS by device and by service (as my kids hog bandwidth whilst I am movie streaming or video conferencing) and that is one of the reasons I went for Orbi instead of other Whole Home systems - you know the more admin type functions that are advertised

So simply put ... where will these be available please, otherwise I may as well use a cheaper solution that also does not have this function.

Thank you - any input appreciated

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 9
cpd5215
Guide

Take this for what its worth, but I dont believe there is any sort of device prioritization or QoS by device...Just beamforming and MU MIMO as of now...I think this is a common complaint.

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

There is a hidden page within the UI that has more options, but the code is not ready for primetime.

Message 3 of 9
OrcaB
Initiate

Thanks for info so far. Appreciated.

does it get me further .. no unfortunately 

but all knowledge is good

Message 4 of 9
martyfp
Luminary

Here are the hidden pages :

http://<ip address of orbi router>//QOS_dynamic.htm

http://<ip address of orbi router>//QOS_main.htm

The pages themselves don't seem to function properly and it's not clear at all if they have any impact on QoS.  

I too would like to get this working to prioritise work traffic when the kids are hammering the network. 

Message 5 of 9
arich18
Initiate

I just upgraded my Orbi router and satellite to firmware V2.0.0.72 yesterday.  I am seeing no issues with the upgrade in terms of performance, and am disappointed to still see the lonely speedtest on the QoS setup page without any ability to prioritize traffic.  I work from home and am constantly on VoIP and/or video calls to do my job.  This traffic needs to be top priority for me during the day, and in the evenings I would like to be able to prioritize video traffic for movies and TV.

I chose the premium Orbi product because of my past experience with Netgear build quality, reliability, and performance.  With the Netgear name on it, and at its high price point, I expected to see the QoS capability I've had on my DLink for years.  Netgear, please make adding this networking feature a priority for us!  Thank you.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 6 of 9
SKK
Guide
Guide

This a basic feature and has always been there on all Netgear routers ! And not having this on such an expensive router does not make sense ! Netgear Engineers.. please respond with ETA !

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 7 of 9
SKK
Guide
Guide

This a basic feature and has always been there on all Netgear routers ! And not having this on such an expensive router does not make sense ! Netgear Engineers.. please respond with ETA !

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 8 of 9
Srenob
Initiate

Still no QoS functions after a year of owning this product. v2.0.0.74. I have to say I'll pass on buying Netgear products in the future if this is not resolved. I feel like I wasted 400$ on a dumb access point with 802.11r like functions.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7