Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR50 drops internet on wifi devices

Jdubtx
Follower

ORBI RBR50 drops internet on wifi devices

I am also experiencing intermtittent internet disconnects on non-streaming devices throughout the house since installing 2.7.2.104.

I found that on the disconnected devices, I am assigned an IP address, but DNS is not working.  The disconnected devices do not show in the connected device list.

Even when disconnected, I can navigate to 192.168.1.1 and log in, and it shows a good internet connection, but the device I am connected with does not show in the list.

I have tried disabling both family controls (disney circle) and access control.

I found navigating to 'connection status' on advanced > internet port > and click 'connect', it will get the internet working again without resetting the whole router.

Please fix this ...  Its a real pain, and I have noticed several users posted here with the same issue:  RBR50, firmware V2.7.2.104, internet connection drops.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR50 drops internet on wifi devices

Try disabling Traffic Meter if it's enabled:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-intermittent-DNS-lookup-issues/m-p/2073380/highlight/tru...

Try enabling or disabling DST under NTP settings as well.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Jdubtx wrote:

Please fix this ...  Its a real pain, and I have noticed several users posted here with the same issue:  RBR50, firmware V2.7.2.104, internet connection drops.

You are correct The Orbi product has gone "whack-o crazy" since Daylight Saving Time went into effect last Sunday.

There are a number of solutions that enterprizing folks have discovered, such as these:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-DNS-and-DHCP-and-NTP-Broken-Short-Term-Fix-Options/m-p/20... 

What seems to have worked for me (for 28 hours) is to turn off Traffic Meter (in the Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, Traffic Meter).

p.s. It is awkward to point out that this is a "community forum" where Netgear customers can discuss Netgear products amongst themselves.  As far as I can tell, Netgear "engineers" never participate in the community forums.  So, "please fix this" (literally) falls on deaf ears. i.e. no ears at all.

I agree that, "heads should roll" for this massive f**kup.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry for the breach of decorum. I sometimes get over excited.  "My Bad"

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements