Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR50 not working and led ring doesn't light up

moomats
Tutor

ORBI RBR50 not working and led ring doesn't light up

Help!
My Orbi RBR50 (router) stopped working. I have tried to reset it to no avail.

The led ring light doesn't turn on too! My system consists of RBR50 and two RBS50s. The satellites appear to be working because their lights are magenta.

Help!

Thank you,

MM

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

The RBR50 has power?  (i.e. the LED on the back at the bottom is GREEN?)

How exactly did you "reset" the router?

Message 2 of 13
moomats
Tutor

The power led is green and I reset the router by pushing in the reset button.
Thank you for your help!
MM
Message 3 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

I attempted a reset once and neglected to hold the paperclip in long enough.  First the LED turns orange (for a LONG time), and then it begins to blink.  I saw the orange, thought "done", and pulled the paperclip back out.  Watched the Netgear video and realized I was not waiting long enough.

Message 4 of 13
moomats
Tutor

Thanks for your help. I tried again. I held the reset button down for longer than 2 minutes and the light never turned amber, it stayed green the entire time. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the top LED turn on Amber, not the LED in back. If this comes on Amber, then let go of the reset button in back and the top LED should blink WHITE then pulsate WHITE. 

Message 6 of 13
gr8sho
Virtuoso

If you hold the reset button too long I think it aborts. Watch the LED and when it starts blinking Amber, release the paper clip. The hardware boot up takes some time so be patient. The top ring will eventually turn blue. If doing this on the base stations, I’d leave the satellites powered off and then deal with them afterwards.
I actually like the way the hardware self configures itself and pairs via reset process.
Message 7 of 13
moomats
Tutor

No, the led ring light doesn't light up at all!
Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible unit is bad. You might contact NG support and get additional help and ask about an RMA. 

Message 9 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

@moomats wrote:

Thanks for your help. I tried again. I held the reset button down for longer than 2 minutes and the light never turned amber, it stayed green the entire time. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

We may have a terminology problem.  The "reset" is a tiny hole next to the Power button and under the back LED.  Unbend a paper clip and stick the end into the hole.  Is this what you did?

Message 10 of 13
moomats
Tutor

Yes. Netgear refers to the tiny hole as a reset button.
Message 11 of 13
moomats
Tutor

Thank you for your help, I will.

Message 12 of 13
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Putting aside the top LED comment, it’s amazing the reset button is not working at all. And you do feel the indent when pushing the clip in.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7