Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR50 praise

vernonls
Star

ORBI RBR50 praise

I don't usually offer praise for a product, but this new ORBI RBR 50 and satellite are remarkable.  I installed the two in my church with one to provide the wired LAN and private wifi network and a public guest wif network.  I installed the base and satellite a good 100 feet apart, one upstairs and one downstairs and they immediately found each other. I connected the WAN and logged in and changed the LAN to my desired private IP range 192.168.2.x and set the WAN to a comcast static IP.  Worked perfectly.  However when I went back to enable the guest wifi, the link to do so had disappeared and I thought I was sunk, but an upgrade of the firmware brought in back.  When I finished testing I had 4-bar connectivity all over the main 6000 sq. ft. bldg and even to the far end of an adjacent 2400 sq. ft. bldg.  Truely remarkable and even though these are expensive routers, having it all work and work well is worth it. From my wired LAN I now have 85-120 Mbps Internet. Sorry to say I did not test my wireless speed. 

If anyone is having trouble, feel free to contact me and maybe I can help.

vern

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello vern

Thanks for the post glad the system is working for your needs.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
vernonls
Star

Well a couple weeks after my first glowing report,  users in the second building reported poor connectivity. I checked it out and yes I was only getting 1-2 bars of strength where previously I had 4 bars.  I am attributing that to my initial testing being done on a holiday when there were no other wifi devices such as cell phones, tablets and microwave sources around. So, now I am considering adding a second satellite in the second building and hoping to link it strongly with the base  in the first building.  Will post more when I get around to doing this.  Probably when the users complain more loudly.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7