Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR50 praise

ToeC
Aspirant

ORBI RBR50 praise

I have bought an Orbi system today and have set it up.   All devices work, except for my Canon MX516 wireless printer.

I can see the printer as a connected device, but it is coming up as name 'unknown'.   The printer screen shows it is connected to the network.

I know I'll be able to hard-wire it to the network - but I regularly use it from the iPhones as an air printer and I want to be able to keep doing so.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Message 1 of 3
ToeC
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR50 troubleshooting

reset everything for the umpteenth time, and the printer sprung to life.  No idea what it was that caused or fixed it!

Message 2 of 3
st_shaw
Master

Re: ORBI RBR50 praise

@ToeC wrote:

I know I'll be able to hard-wire it to the network - but I regularly use it from the iPhones as an air printer and I want to be able to keep doing so.

Any suggestions?

thanks

You should hard wire your printer and turn off the WiFi radio in the printer.  You should still be able to use Airprint from IOS devices, because they are on the same network.  That's how I have my HP printer set up.  You want to hard wire every device you can for best WiFi experience.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7