Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR50 will not recognize internet source cable from modem

HighTide
Follower

ORBI RBR50 will not recognize internet source cable from modem

Orbi was working great (have two satellites inside and just bought the outdoor sat for the poolhouse).  We had a bad lightning strike near our home last night.  I have gone through all sorts of resets, etc. and during the setup it will not recognize the internet cable from the cable modem.  Error says "Check the Ethernet Cable" but I have confirmed the cables are good and I have excellent speed from the modem.  The modem is a simple / no wifi modem with just one port and that is not the issue.

It is impossible to contact Netgear support plus they want $$$$.

I am a Best Buy Geek Squad premium member and unfortunately know more than the two techs I spoke with today.  

Questions:

Do you think I can get the router repaired?  I will pay.

If not, can I buy just a router (no bundle).

How can I speak to a live person at Netgear?

Thanks very much!!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR50 will not recognize internet source cable from modem

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?
Has a factory reset been performed on Orbi system and set up from scratch?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7