Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR50 with 3 Satellites - Some Devices having difficulty obtaining IP ADDRESSES

marcoa
Follower

ORBI RBR50 with 3 Satellites - Some Devices having difficulty obtaining IP ADDRESSES

I have an ORBI RBK50 System with (3) Connected Satellites. Things were working great for a few months, until my phone had diffuclty connecting to the Wifi. It could not obtain an IP Address. After power cycling the modem / router / satellites, some items work and connect, some do not. After about (5) power cycles, sometimes things start working together, but I can't understand why it takes this long. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on why some devices connect, and why some other devices can't connect. Many Thanks in advance. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: ORBI RBR50 with 3 Satellites - Some Devices having difficulty obtaining IP ADDRESSES

You are probably going to have to give us more details of your situation to include

Firmware version

Backhaul type (wired/wireless)

Physical layout of satellites (hub and spoke with router in middle or daisy chain)

RF environment -- (How many other wifi networks are visible)

Make/model of modem Orbi is connected to

Mode Orbi is in

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR50 with 3 Satellites - Some Devices having difficulty obtaining IP ADDRESSES

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@marcoa wrote:

I have an ORBI RBK50 System with (3) Connected Satellites. Things were working great for a few months, until my phone had diffuclty connecting to the Wifi. It could not obtain an IP Address. After power cycling the modem / router / satellites, some items work and connect, some do not. After about (5) power cycles, sometimes things start working together, but I can't understand why it takes this long. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on why some devices connect, and why some other devices can't connect. Many Thanks in advance. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7