Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RFK50 New Setup

interestedperso
Aspirant

ORBI RFK50 New Setup

Hello

I have just bought the RBK50 Kit from Costco and so far slightly disappointed, so I would like to check out if what i am after is viable.

A have a Virgin 520Mb Service, soon to be 1Gb.  I want all of that out via wireless and i am testing this using a Galaxy S10.  I previously could get the 520Mb using speedtest if i was very close to the Virgin Router and if i used Tp Link 1200 Wireless Powerlines that were hard wired to an Ethernet switch via those also but i was tired of having so many Powerlines to run a small 2500 Square Foot Property.  It is an old house though.

So i bought the Orbi Kit, if i hard wire the Orbi's or use them wireless i cannot reach over 420Mb neither from the Router or from the satellite. So their is my question, why is this and can it cope with 1Gb out wireless when i receive this shortly ?.

I am using Cat 6 Cable everywhere and have the Virgin Router in Modem Only Mode.

If this product cannot but another can, please advise.

Thank you.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: ORBI RFK50 New Setup

You're getting to the point of bumping up against wireless ac speed limits.  None of the current wireless ac devices are going to max out gigabit speeds over wireless. The next generation AX devices *might* get close to it. More than likely not because its going to be device dependent and not router dependant. The ax spec was designed to run many devices at once versus one really fast. 

In my experience, orbi isn't going to be as fast as a single powerful wireless router but it'll have better range, coverage, dynamic device/radio switching, and ease of use. I've been fortunate not to have much for issues with it in that regard. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7