Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RPR50 simultaneous downloads fail

JJS1957
Aspirant

ORBI RPR50 simultaneous downloads fail

My old Nighthawk router was able to handle 45 simultaneous video downloads with only a few pause/resume problems. My new ORBI with wired connection can not handle 10 downloads without multiple failures. I had a support case #41885566 with many suggestions - none worked. My last reply failed with "unknown error" and resent OK but never received by support! Here is what I sent which might provide a clue:

I think that the problem is NOT # of files, but rather size of downloads. I tried limiting # of simultanious downloads and use larger downloads (over 1gb vs none over 400mb) I started 14 files and moniitored the download status every 0 seconds.
All files went to "paused" and required pressing Resume/Retry to keep it working.
When one or more files completed, I started more to keep about 10
downloading. This went on for many minutes. When I waited more that 30 sec,
the downloads said "paused" and resume/retry would not work!
After this even checking at 30 secs, more failed to resume; so I no longer added
new files. I noticed that the status info was NOT RIGHT they said
download would take less time that the first 20% did and most files
did not show any times going lower, they were paused, but no Pause.
Looks like ORBI buffer problems?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RPR50 simultaneous downloads fail

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

You'd need to find out what Orbi handles as far as it's max limit in simultanious connections. Routers can only do so much all at once. 

And size can be a factor.

Most users don't usually have this kind of download configuration going on with there routers. 

Message 2 of 4
JJS1957
Aspirant

Aris TM1602 from spectrum (TWC) Ultra+ 400 intrnet. XT win7 computer.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, just checking for a router at the modem. No router here. 

I presume if you connect your PC directly to the modem, downloads are ok at this capacity? 

Connection results are given here:

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/33028-netgear-orbi-reviewed?start=1

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7