Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI Router Issues won't connect

DizzyLizzy
Follower

ORBI Router Issues won't connect

We cannot get our router to connect. We recently replaced our modem due to a faulty ethernet port. New modem is just a basic modem no router from the cable company. Now my Orbi router will not connect, or it will briefly connect but the connection will drop. For example, my son was able to print some thing on a Wi-Fi printer at some point but the app is saying not connected. I've tried to set it up as a new system several times as well. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? We did have an electrical storm but all the lights are working on the router and I've done a factory reset twice. My next question is can I replace the router only if needed and will it work with the satellites. We have a very large house and three satellites plus the router so if Satellites will work with new router that would be great.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI Router Issues won't connect

@DizzyLizzy wrote:
We cannot get our router to connect. We recently replaced our modem due to a faulty ethernet port. New modem is just a basic modem no router from the cable company. Now my Orbi router will not connect, or it will briefly connect but the connection will drop. For example, my son was able to print some thing on a Wi-Fi printer at some point but the app is saying not connected. I've tried to set it up as a new system several times as well. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? We did have an electrical storm but all the lights are working on the router and I've done a factory reset twice. My next question is can I replace the router only if needed and will it work with the satellites. We have a very large house and three satellites plus the router so if Satellites will work with new router that would be great.

It is often helpful to know the exact model of cable modem (from the product label) and how the Orbi is being configured (using the web interface or using the Orbi "app")?

Was the Orbi working correctly before the modem was replaced?

Can you please expand on "Cannot connect"?

• When the Orbi RBR50 WAN port is connected to the ethernet jack on the cable modem, the Orbi web interface does not show that it has internet access?  (i.e. cannot connect to the modem), vs.
  • When devices attempt to connect to the Orbi WiFi, they are unable to do so (cannot connect to Orbi)
  • Which "app" is saying "not connected"?  (a smartphone app? laptop printer? or the "Orbi app")?

If it should turn out that the router is defective, then "yes", the existing satellites will work with a replacement router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7