Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI SDK or REST API

jimgbritt
Tutor

ORBI SDK or REST API

Is there any SDK or REST API available for the ORBI system to be able to access the log?  I'd like to access the log remotely and send it into another system for analysis.

Hardware Version

RBR50

Firmware Version   V1.4.0.34

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
austoonz
Guide

Yes this. Please expose a rest api for Orbi management!
Message 2 of 6
rhester72
Virtuoso

I pray not.  This is one of the leading security holes in consumer gear from multiple vendors.

Rodney

Message 3 of 6
jimgbritt
Tutor

There is already a GUI, was hoping for at least a REST API.  I can do some ugly PowerShell to grab the data and then parse but would rather not.

$URI = Invoke-RestMethod -Credential $Cred -Uri http://<IP of Orbi>/FW_log.htm
$URI | Foreach-Object{
$var = $_.Split([char]0X000A)
New-Variable -Name $var[0] -Value $var[1]
}

[array]$Log = foreach($v in $Var){if($V.Contains("[") -and $v.contains("]")){$V}}

Just looking for a way to scrape the log data.  

Message 4 of 6
rhester72
Virtuoso

I'd far rather they allow basic syslog forwarding.

Rodney

Message 5 of 6
jimgbritt
Tutor

Syslog forwarding would be great.  Holding breath but not too long :).  I would agree however this would be an ideal direction.  I know this is a consumer device but if we want to do more with the logs coming out of the device beyond just email, syslog would at leat allow to get someplace that then can be sent up to a cloud service like Log Analytics for parsing, graphic representing, trend analysis, etc.  The nerd inside me wants to do something with these logs beyond email.  Right now, I can see IPs, DOS attacks, etc.   Would love to do more with them.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7