Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI Satellites

russellmoran99
Luminary

ORBI Satellites

I have ORBI Router and 2 Satellites. (6,000 square for home). I am noticing that certain things disconnect. My nest cams for one are going offline a lot. I have just recently disabled beaming after researching this. I hope that fixes it. I also have a WNCE2001 that hooks to my DirecTV box. It works in the day, but when the kids go to bed, it doesn't connect. I changed that today to a static IP. I am hoping that helps (blind luck). During this troubleshooting I noticed the satellites appear to be getting new IP addresses assigned to them a lot. I have noticed at least 4-5 IP changes.

2 Questions...
Why are they changing so often?
If I make them static, will that cause any issues?
Message 1 of 3

@russellmoran99 wrote:
. During this troubleshooting I noticed the satellites appear to be getting new IP addresses assigned to them a lot. I have noticed at least 4-5 IP changes.

2 Questions...
Why are they changing so often?
If I make them static, will that cause any issues?

sounds like the sat is too far away from the router if its dropping the connection and aquiring a new ip address

i have mine set as 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 ewserved in the dhcp reserved client list

if that is what you mean by stattic ip addressing and its fine

Message 2 of 3
stealthpilot
Aspirant

Sounds like your modem is managing IP addresses in addition to your Orbi.  You may need to log into your modem and program it to passthrogh mode so it no longer manages IP addresses but delegates that to the Orbi.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7