Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI. WIFI Compatibility

LFB
Follower
Follower

ORBI. WIFI Compatibility

I just installed an ORBI (kit) with Satellite.  The ORBI does not have enough outlets.  I replaced a Nighthawk with was working fine but needed more range.  Support just sends me a long document that, as a non tech, I do not completely understand.  I was wondering if I could use one of the ports to hook up my Nighthawk.  Some devices seem to be having problems recognizing the ORBI.  I have Gogogate2 and it works great with the Nighthawk but will not connect to ORBI.  Thought maybe I could hook up the Nighthawk by using an ORBI port and use the Nighthawk connection for the devices that have issues with ORBI.  My only other solution is to return the ORBI and go back to the Nighthawk.  I only have a few more days to return the ORBI.  Thanks to all.

LFB

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Re: ORBI. WIFI Compatibility

sure you have 2 options

connect the Nighthawk as the wireless router and have it set with a different ssid name , the connect the orbi to it and set the orbi to work in ap mode with a different ssid name

or

connect the orbi as the wireless router with a separate ssid name and connect the Nighthawk to it and run the Nighthawk in ap mode with a separate ssid name

you would also use different channels for the orbi and Nighthawk on both 2.4 gig and 5 gig

pete

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7