Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI Wifi Problems

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI Wifi Problems

Any progress on this? 

@Wedgemoose wrote:

Here is the thing though Mstrbig, what some are saying.  and i am saying.  is it did work good and now it is not great. Or at least that it what is happeneing to me.   I am just here reading after googling and came upon this post.    I have had my Orbi setup for years.  even bought it for many as X-mas gifts telling them they will be so happy.  Mine was flawless for years.  No matter where i was in my house i had full bars on my phone.  but now all of a sudden it is not as great.   I am not as tech savy as the rest on here.   I am talking about watching you tube or Videos on twitter, etc.   Some stream and play flawlessly.  and then the next will lock up every two seconds.  some won't even load to play.   that never happened before.   it has always been great.  it is now Decemeber of 2020 and i want to say i noticed that is started getting crappy about 4 to 6 month ago.  i just lived with it.  the other day i was in the room with the main sattelite.  in the actual room.  And my wifi showed like 2 bars.   when 6 months ago i had full bars no matter where i was in my house.  I think i need some setting changed or something.  i just did normal setup years ago.  didn't manually change any settings or anything.  Buit again, it was perfect for years!!!    i do all the updates when they show up in the app.  i have had multiple computers and phones in the past 6 months and they all do the same.   so it is not them(or should not be them.  i have killer Charter internet. i pay big bucks for faster speed.  i have one of those Motorola Surfboard routers. Which i read are great?  .   

here is my setup.  i was wondering if i couild screeshot my settings and if anyone could look and tell me if i do have something wrong?  but you would have to tell me what tio screen shot.   

Message 26 of 29
vajim
Master

Any progress on this?

Message 27 of 29
ttnoewoc
Star

I have two ax6000 routers with sattelites in two structures on my property. They have been installed for months and working great.

All of a sudden, my wifi performance has tanked. I switched back to my Linksys Velop mesh and all works great, proving its not my internet provider, or my router, or anything to do with my house. Nothing was changed on my systems at all and they both are hardly usable.

So, I guess I am not supposed to spend hours of resetting everything and/or pay netgear to figure this out?

Message 28 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@ttnoewoc wrote:

I have two ax6000 routers with sattelites in two structures on my property. They have been installed for months and working great.

All of a sudden, my wifi performance has tanked. I switched back to my Linksys Velop mesh and all works great, proving its not my internet provider, or my router, or anything to do with my house. Nothing was changed on my systems at all and they both are hardly usable.

So, I guess I am not supposed to spend hours of resetting everything and/or pay netgear to figure this out?

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7