Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI and Frontier FIOS (Quantum G1100 Router) Internet Drops

Hermosaman
Guide

ORBI and Frontier FIOS (Quantum G1100 Router) Internet Drops

I have the Orbi RBR50 (Router + 2 satellites) with v1.10.1.2 connected in AP mode to my Frontier FIOS Quantum G1100 Router, with the FIOS Wifi disabled.  My internet, wifi AND the FIOS router ethernet, drops for approximately 6 seconds every 15 minutes, to the second.  I am running Net Uptime Monitor that tracks drops greater than 5 seconds.  This affects the devices connected directly to the FIOS Router via ethernet LAN.  This is not really noticeable with regular internet activity, but is definitely a problem with PS4 online gaming and my Ooma VOIP phone connected directly to the FIOS router.  Otherwise, the internet signal and connectivity are great.

If I disconnect Orbi from the FIOS Router, the internet failures cease to happen. 

I have confirmed that BEAMFORMING and MU-MIMO are disabled.

Any ideas before returning the Orbi to Costco?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ORBI and Frontier FIOS (Quantum G1100 Router) Internet Drops

Hello Hermosanman

Have you tried another Ethernet cord? have you tried another port on the router to connect orbi to?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
Hermosaman
Guide

Hi Darren - Yes, I have tried a different ethernet cord and different ports.  What I find interesting is that the entire internet connection from the FIOS router is dropped every 15 minutes, almost to the second, only when the Orbi is plugged in.

I can provide the Net Uptime Monitor log if that helps.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I am not familiar with FIOS routers but is there a address reservation of allow list in the router that you can add the Ip address of orbi to?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
Hermosaman
Guide

Can you help me understand where I can look for the address setting?

2017-05-31_10-39-34.png

Message 5 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 6 of 9
Hermosaman
Guide

Thanks... I have tried it and will let you know if this addresses it... Appreciate your assistance so far!

Message 7 of 9
Hermosaman
Guide

Well, that did not work...  😞  It is still dropping... 

Message 8 of 9
Hermosaman
Guide

I have returned the previous Orbi system to Costco and purchased a new one.  The new set has firmware v1.4.0.18 and works without any problems.  As long as I do not update the firmware, I think that it works well.

Based on my assessment, this leads me to believe that there is a serious error with the latest firmware version.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7