Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI blocking websites when armour is turned off

Rosieag
Follower

ORBI blocking websites when armour is turned off

I have an Orbi mesh network, it has recently been re set up due to some internet issues. The orbi network blocks wbsites even though the Armour security has been switched off. Has anybody got any ideas on how to fix this. It keeps asking for authetication on the webpages and somethimes says 404 error or 401 Error even when passwords are right. It is definitely the orbi system as this does not happen on my hotspot. The orbi even blocks the netgear website! 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI blocking websites when armour is turned off

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. This time do not enable Armor. 

Message 2 of 4
bj10au
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem.  I cannot access a website (www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au), which I have accessed many times in the past when connected through my Orbi router.  I have turned Netgear Armor off using the Orbi iOS app, but that did not help.

I am able to access this website when I connect through my iPhone hotspot, so it is clearly a problem with the Netgear Orbi router blocking the website. The website is not listed as a blocked site in Armor.

The suggested solution is to reset the Orbi system and not turn Armor on, but this is not a satisfactory solution in my view, as I purchased a  paid subscription to Armor for the protection it claims to provide.

My Orbi System is an RBR50 router, with two RBS50 satelites connected. Firmware is the latest version V 2.5.1.16.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Armor app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Good Luck.

@bj10au wrote:

I have exactly the same problem.  I cannot access a website (www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au), which I have accessed many times in the past when connected through my Orbi router.  I have turned Netgear Armor off using the Orbi iOS app, but that did not help.

I am able to access this website when I connect through my iPhone hotspot, so it is clearly a problem with the Netgear Orbi router blocking the website. The website is not listed as a blocked site in Armor.

The suggested solution is to reset the Orbi system and not turn Armor on, but this is not a satisfactory solution in my view, as I purchased a  paid subscription to Armor for the protection it claims to provide.

My Orbi System is an RBR50 router, with two RBS50 satelites connected. Firmware is the latest version V 2.5.1.16.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7