Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI - different IP ranges for wired devices

jaschultze
Aspirant

ORBI - different IP ranges for wired devices

I'm have a strange issue.  I have my Orbi set to assign IP addresses in the 192.168.1.2 - 254 range.  Any wired deviced connected via ethernet to the base assign correctly.  However, any wired devices attached to the satellite get assigned an IP in the 10.0.x.x range.  This is causing a conflict with an audio received that is controllable through my phone, but must be on the same network to be seen in the interface.  I cannot find any setting that is incorrect.  Can anyone please help me?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ORBI - different IP ranges for wired devices

Hello Jaschultze

Have you tried to factory reset the satellite and then resync it with the router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
jaschultze
Aspirant

Re: ORBI - different IP ranges for wired devices

Yes, I did try that but it was still assigning 10.0.x.x addresses for the wired connections. I did solve the problem, however by manually assigning the AV receiver and other device that were connected to the satellite to a 192.168.x.x address and all works as expected. Just strange that only the satellite assigns to a different ip range, even after a full factory reset. Even a device that was never connected to my network; wifi assigns correctly, wired to the base assigns corrrectly, wired to satellite 10.0.x.x.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7