Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI does not deliver

ctbhongkong
Follower

ORBI does not deliver

Basically, I have an apartment of 2,300 sf with one RBR 50 and 2 RBS 50. Multiple start overs, syncs, powers on and off and the network works for awhile then doesn’t. I don’t see many posts from 2020 so I assume this product hasn’t done well. Pretty disappointed in spending so much money on a shoddy product that has very little reach. My previous ASUS router on its own was better than this mess.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI does not deliver

Hope you can return it and get your money back.  Mine has been working great for four years.

Message 2 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@ctbhongkong wrote:
Basically, I have an apartment of 2,300 sf with one RBR 50 and 2 RBS 50. Multiple start overs, syncs, powers on and off and the network works for awhile then doesn’t. I don’t see many posts from 2020 so I assume this product hasn’t done well. Pretty disappointed in spending so much money on a shoddy product that has very little reach. My previous ASUS router on its own was better than this mess.

I have the same exact system in a 3200+ sq ft home. It works flawlessly. So I'm going to go with user error.

Tell me how you have it setup?

Who is your ISP?
What device is your Orbi router connected to?
Are your satellites wired or wireless?
If wired, what cable size was used, as size determines speed.
Cat 5 10/100 Mbps 100 MHz
Cat 5e 1000 Mbps / 1 Gbps 100 MHz
Cat 6 1000 Mbps / 1 Gbps >250 MHz
Did you reboot your ISP modem/router, before starting the Orbi router install?
Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I have been enjoying my 1 RBR50 and 1 RBS50 in a 5000sq ft home for past couple of years. No big problems here. 

For your size of home, Having too many RBS maybe a cause of problems as well. Try with just 1 RBS. The 50 series Orbi is quite powerful and range is pretty good and far. Having too many wifi signals can cause problems is a smaller home size will be problematic.

If you want more help on this then it would be good for more information. Orbi systems DO work very well. However sometimes there needs to be some troubleshooting to find out what the real problem is. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@ctbhongkong wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7