Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI redirecting to login page

Tias
Tutor

ORBI redirecting to login page

Hi community and support,

from time to time, without me changing anything, the ORBI (maybe just the satellite) stops connecting to webpages. Instead it reroutes everthing to its own login page and give some security error or an error 408 page.

This happens after a couple of minutes. So for a short time I am able to surf the internet and then suddenly it happens.

I have tried all sort of things (including Googling for the error) but have not found a clear solution yet.

Apparently other people have experiecend this as well but I did not see a definite answer to the problem.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers,

Tias

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Tias
Tutor

OK, so today I bought a little PCIe ethernet adapter, connected this and now the wired network seems to work again.

This is itself is positive of course but I would really like to understand what is going on there with the old ethernet adapter.

Thanks for all the ideas and tips.

Tias

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 11
Tias
Tutor

Hi,

I have already tried the factory reset before and it did not change a thing.

The firmware is V2.3.1.60.

The ORBI is connected to a HUAWEI EchoLife HG8240H and in general everything is working great.

Just randomly from time to time this redicrection issue comes up. Last time yesterday after returning from a holiday and not changing anything regarding the network.

Cheers,

Tias

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to clear all browser caches. 

Might do a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wire connected PC and web broswer. Power OFF the ONT for 30 seconds and back on when you reset the RBR. 

Message 4 of 11
Tias
Tutor

Today totally out of the blue the problem is here again.
Seems to be restricted to the satellite where I am connected to via cable. Wireless working fine.

However this is so annoying and I am really sick of it.

Please can anyone provide a permanent working solution.
Message 5 of 11
Tias
Tutor

Today it is even worse than before. I have now downgraded the firmware of both the router and satellite to V2.3.0.32. This did not help. Then I randomly switched some of the ethernet cables in the satellite.

Now it has been working for a while. Sometimes it will produce an error when opening a HTTPS page and when I click on relaod, it works.

Something is VERY VERY wrong here and I would really like to know what it is.

Is the satellite broken?

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset the RBS and remove it from the RBR and then re-add it?

I recommend you contact NG support and ask for help and information on this. The RBS may need to be RMAd.

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Message 7 of 11
Tias
Tutor

Hi all,

now it gets really interesting.

I connected another laptop via ethernet cable to the Orbi satellite and tested for a while. The same error did NOT appear...I was able to surf all sorts of webpages without any issue.

Reconnected the PC again and the error start happening after a while.

So maybe it is related to SOMETHING on the PC...but what could that be?

I tested a PCI WIFI card in the PC now and when I connect through WIFI it works.

So it seems to be very specific to ethernet connections between the desktop and the satellite.

Does this make any sense to you?

Thanks and cheers,

Matthias

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different network adapter card in the PC if possible. 

Try a USB to LAN adapter as a suggestion. 

Sounds like this issue is a PC problem, not with the Orbi. 

Message 9 of 11
Tias
Tutor

OK, so today I bought a little PCIe ethernet adapter, connected this and now the wired network seems to work again.

This is itself is positive of course but I would really like to understand what is going on there with the old ethernet adapter.

Thanks for all the ideas and tips.

Tias

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Old adapter probably going bad. 

Mark your thread as solved. 

Good Luck. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats