Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI relocate in home

Rickonharwood
Follower

ORBI relocate in home

I wish to move my ORBI satellite to a different room in my home. What is the proper procedure to follow to complete this smoothly?  Do I disconnect the power from the satellite and place it where I want and connect to power?  Are there other steps to follow?  Thank you. 

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
BillYoung
Luminary

Re: ORBI relocate in home

Rickonharwood:

I believe after re-establishing power to the satellite, you would need to press the SYNC button on first the satellite and then the router to get communications to the router back again.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI relocate in home

If you have already synced the satellites and wan to move any one of them, all you need to do is to power OFF the satellite, unplug it from the wall out let and place it in it's new position. Plug in and turn on and thats all. No need to re-sync. 

FYI:

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

@Rickonharwood wrote:

I wish to move my ORBI satellite to a different room in my home. What is the proper procedure to follow to complete this smoothly?  Do I disconnect the power from the satellite and place it where I want and connect to power?  Are there other steps to follow?  Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7