Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI unresolved issue list !

JMU1998
Luminary

ORBI unresolved issue list !

will there be a separate Firmware release to address random and frequent WIFI drops, speed inconsistencies, iOS device instability, DynDNS bug, WAN port showing down in AP mode, Access control page show devices blocked, satellite has truncated connected device names etc...

Everyone feel free to add to this list

Message 1 of 8
JMU1998
Luminary

Does any moderator or Netgear Engineering have any updates to the issue list?

Message 2 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JMU1998

The engineers are still working on the wifi droping issue. Can you be more specific about the DYNDNS issue that is still happening I know one was fixed in a Fw. And I will check the other issues.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 8
B747driver
Star

@JMU1998 wrote:

will there be a separate Firmware release to address random and frequent WIFI drops, speed inconsistencies, iOS device instability, DynDNS bug, WAN port showing down in AP mode, Access control page show devices blocked, satellite has truncated connected device names etc...

I realize Orbi is new technology, but it appears that it's not ready for primetime for many users.  This is an expensive product.  Why anyone who's experiencing any of these ongoing issues would keep this system beyond their return window is baffling to me. 

If Orbi is working for you, great.  Consider yourself fortunate.  If not, just return the thing and get your money back while you can.  You can always repurchase at a later date.  In the mean time, go back to your old setup until these things get sorted out, or try something else.  Holding out hope beyond one's return window at this point seems like a bit of a fool's errand to me, and could be quite frustrating as well.  JMHO.....

Message 4 of 8
jleecloak1
Apprentice

Yeah, please why does the Wifi disconnect the way that it does? I have to turn off and turn back on my wifi on my mobile device because it loses connection to the network. I am thinking about returning the Orbi and getting something else. 

Message 5 of 8
JMU1998
Luminary

@DarrenM tthanks for responding please keep us updated to the issues and anticipated fixes.  I hope Engineering realizes we have been very patient and waiting on next Firmware with hopes it makes things better with each release.

Message 6 of 8
JMU1998
Luminary

Another issue I noticed with satellite the connected devices show names truncated if device name has a space example Xperia z4 will show as Xperia and Samsung s5 will show as Samsung

Message 7 of 8

@JMU1998 wrote:

Another issue I noticed with satellite the connected devices show names truncated if device name has a space example Xperia z4 will show as Xperia and Samsung s5 will show as Samsung

this is normal as spaces are whats called special caracter in networking terms

its not a good idea to use special characters on username / passwords or network names as they have other meanings in the coding and could confuse things

instead of a space use _ as this will fix your issue

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7