Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI wifi down when i m playing on my pc

Krimionn
Aspirant

ORBI wifi down when i m playing on my pc

Hi

my configuration : PC link to my box with RJ45, ORBI Base link to my box with RJ45; 2 satellite in serie.

My problem : We lost the ORBI wifi when i m playing on my PC. i must reboot the satellites and i con re-loose the wifi after that.

Why ? what is the problem?

Thx

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Re: ORBI wifi down when i m playing on my pc

@Krimionn wrote:

Hi

my configuration : PC link to my box with RJ45, ORBI Base link to my box with RJ45; 2 satellite in serie.

My problem : We lost the ORBI wifi when i m playing on my PC. i must reboot the satellites and i con re-loose the wifi after that.

Thx

Can you be more specific? What is your box?

Are the satellites wired or wireless?

Message 2 of 7
Krimionn
Aspirant

the box is a box of Orange in france on fiber.

the satellites are in wireless.

The TV and the decoder TV are link by RJ45 to the last satellite.

Message 3 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@Krimionn wrote:

the box is a box of Orange in france on fiber.

the satellites are in wireless.

The TV and the decoder TV are link by RJ45 to the last satellite.

I'm assuming since it's fiber the box is either an ONT or a router? You could plug the Orbi Router directly to the box, but plug everything else after the box, so the Orbi router handles all DHCP networking.

Message 4 of 7
Krimionn
Aspirant

Not possible i have the routeur with the ONT inside.

but i always don't understand why i loose the orbi connexion when i m playing on my pc. For the price of this sytem, i'm very irrited....

Message 5 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

I don't think the problem is the fault of the Orbi or every device would be acting up. Can you take some pics of your wiring and the network page of your PC?
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
I

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@Krimionn wrote:

Hi

Thx

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7