Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI

Beanejjj
Aspirant

ORBI

Can I use an Orbi RBK20w if I have a home phone line?

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI

Do you have cable or DSL? 

The RBK20w is a router and satellite system. You need a modem device to connect between this router and your ISP, DSL, Cable or Fiber. 

Is your phone line from the phone service or your ISP? 

Message 2 of 6
Beanejjj
Aspirant

We have Directv and ATT for phone and internet.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

There should be a modem. What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 

Message 4 of 6
Beanejjj
Aspirant

This is a hot mess. We would need 2 RJ45 to RJ11 adapters. 54029555-898D-4A33-B3F4-D17477518036.jpeg9B190576-7FD6-41F1-9BBB-AB3E6B279FB0.jpegWe have an Arris BGW210 gateway that I’m assuming we’d have to bridge or buy a modem. I’m not sure this is worth the headache!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7