Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI

FloridaUSA
Follower

ORBI

Download security fix 6/16, lost RING doorbell connection. Was on phone for 2 hours with RING. Doorbell not the issuse. Can connect with Hot Spot.  Seems there is no one to talk to at Netgear.  Look at ORBI "logs". For some reason ORBI will not accept RING. Shows the MAC address tried around 1 pm yesterday but will not let it connect. Also showed Amazon Alexa blocked but I was able to unblock Alexa and it works.   Tried to add RING thru "Advanced"set up in Orbi but asked for a "Metric"??? as well as Gateway, IP and IOPS and DNS which I could supply (Went through this with RING tech). Any ideas why Orbi wont allow RING to connect?????

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI

What Firmware is currently loaded?

Try a factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. Write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings, temporarily disable teh 5Ghz SSID broadcast while setting up 2.4Ghz only devices. If you can get them re-connected, then re-enable the 5Ghz broadcast. 

@FloridaUSA wrote:

Download security fix 6/16, lost RING doorbell connection. Was on phone for 2 hours with RING. Doorbell not the issuse. Can connect with Hot Spot.  Seems there is no one to talk to at Netgear.  Look at ORBI "logs". For some reason ORBI will not accept RING. Shows the MAC address tried around 1 pm yesterday but will not let it connect. Also showed Amazon Alexa blocked but I was able to unblock Alexa and it works.   Tried to add RING thru "Advanced"set up in Orbi but asked for a "Metric"??? as well as Gateway, IP and IOPS and DNS which I could supply (Went through this with RING tech). Any ideas why Orbi wont allow RING to connect?????

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7