Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI

B0st0nbruins19
Aspirant

ORBI

After pausing my desktop through the Orbi app and resuming it later in the day, I can no longer get internet to my PC. The desktop is hard lined to the satellite and has never had issues prior to pausing it. I’ve reset the modem and router. Did a reboot through the app. Kind of at a loss of words why this is happening. Please help!
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
ekhalil
Master

Re: ORBI

Access Control does not work properly in the software 2.2.1.210. Please upgrade to the latest software 2.3.0.32 which has improvements in this area.

To solve this issue on 2.2.1.210 you need to completely disable Access Control.

Message 2 of 7
B0st0nbruins19
Aspirant

Everything is updated. I’ve reset everything. I’ve tried a different Ethernet cord and port on the orbi. Still nothing. It shows access sometimes with the name of my network but then it says it’s not secure and therefore won’t work.
Message 3 of 7
B0st0nbruins19
Aspirant

Correction. When I update it through the orbi app, it says all firmware is up to date, but my firmware is 2.2.1.210. So now I’m confused
Message 4 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@B0st0nbruins19 wrote:
Correction. When I update it through the orbi app, it says all firmware is up to date, but my firmware is 2.2.1.210. So now I’m confused

Then your software is still on 2.2.1.210.

Please update manually.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the new FW update:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-32-now-available/td-p/...

@B0st0nbruins19 wrote:
After pausing my desktop through the Orbi app and resuming it later in the day, I can no longer get internet to my PC. The desktop is hard lined to the satellite and has never had issues prior to pausing it. I’ve reset the modem and router. Did a reboot through the app. Kind of at a loss of words why this is happening. Please help!

Message 6 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @B0st0nbruins19

Were you able to update the firmware? Please let us know of the result. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7