Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBILogin needs user name and password

MarkChee
Aspirant

ORBILogin needs user name and password

I bought and install ORBI RBK50 (a router and a satelite) a couple of days ago and was able to use it using my PC and Mobilephone.  I'd no problem login in to perform the setup then.  Now I wanted to login to Orbi using ORBIlogin.com on my PC to check for updates and apply them if available but was prompted to enter user name and password.  However, I was not able to get pass this prompt even though I entered valid Orbi SSID or admin with resprective valid passwords.  I even get '401 Unauthorized' or being ask the same name and password stuff when I try to go to websites that I normally don't have problem with.

Please help.  Thanks

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Did you try user name "admin" and the password that is written on the bottom of the router?

(As far as I know, the user name is NEVER the same as the SSID.  It is always "admin".)

Message 2 of 5
MarkChee
Aspirant

Hi,

I did use with 'admin' and its password as was prompted which I'd saved after setting up ORBI RBK50.  It just would not accept the authentication so I try the SSID and password that came with the router/satelite set.

Judging from all the posts related to this subject, it seems the only way out is to reset using a pin on the router and setup the router/satelite pair again.  Is this the only way?

Many thanks.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I tried my Orbi with the wrong password and got a screen that offered to 'recover' my password.  Had me input the serial number from the bottom (tiny letters!), and answer two security questions.  Damn if it didn't work.

If that doesn't work, I think you may have to set it up again from scratch.  Even one character off on the password counts as WRONG.

(Personally, I am annoyed that the login screen doesn't have an option to display the characters you have entered.  I have had trouble many times because what I typed isn't what I sincerely believed I had typed.  (On mobile devices, especially, it is far too easy to enter incorrect characters.)

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
MarkChee
Aspirant

I actually tried the recover password thing but got the '401 Unauthorized' which I encountered on many websites since I install the ORBI RBK50.  And this is a real pain in the ass with this ORBI solution.  I might just have to bite the bullets and just go back to my former network setup where I don't get the '401 Unauthorized' thing and do away with this ORBI solution.

Sad situation indeed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7