Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Obri Hayward Omnilogic system not finding network

Melodee
Follower

Obri Hayward Omnilogic system not finding network

I just switched routers from Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 to the Orbi RBR50 and it works perfectly with everything in the house all except our Hayward Omnilogic pool control system.  The Hayward needs a N 2.4GHz connection and I don't understand why it will not connect, we have tried disconnecting from the network etc to no avail.  It worked fine with the R8000, Any suggestions?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6

hi 

try setting the 2.4 gig wifi to ether ch 1,6 or 11 instead of auto as thats fixed my issue with my wemo switches 

Message 2 of 6
rhester72
Virtuoso

@peteytesting wrote:

hi 

try setting the 2.4 gig wifi to ether ch 1,6 or 11 instead of auto as thats fixed my issue with my wemo switches 

Interesting.  I'm still on Auto, my one WeMo wall switch and my 5 WeMo sockets (plus a WeMo humidifier) are all working without issue and have been since I first set up the Orbi system.

Rodney

Message 3 of 6

might also be a regional thing as im in australia but if i leave 2.4 gig on auto the wemo devices just wont connect and blink orange 

the other thing to do is disable beamforming in the advanced wireless section and even perhaps mu-mimo as this is how the ring door bell guys get around the 2.4 gig issue 

Message 4 of 6
rhester72
Virtuoso

Interesting point - Australia allows up to channel 14, don't they?  In the US, we peak at 11 - wonder what happens if you're on Auto at 14 and a device that thinks it's for examine US-restricted tries to connect?  (Just an intellectual curiousity at this point...hadn't considered the possibility.)

Rodney

Message 5 of 6

its ch 1 -13 , so it maybe the case its going to ch 12 or 13 and the wemo dont like it 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7