Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Occasional Latency issues after upgrading to 2.7.4.24

ghoughto99
Follower

Occasional Latency issues after upgrading to 2.7.4.24

I have a RBR40 w/2 satellites.   My laptop is attached to one of the satellites which is also up to date (v.2.6.2.6)

I was running an older version  of firmware. Now that I have upgraded the BRB40 I get occasions where I get large latencies for a burst which then recover.  I have verified that this is between my client and the WAN, not the WAN itself.

I have rebooted everything.

Side note. On occasion in the log I get reports of a DoS attack internally.  I am fairly certain that this is garbage because it reports it for different types of devices (from some IOT to my laptop to my android tablet).  

Has anyone else experienced this  and do you have any suggestions?

I am tempted to go back to 2.6.2.104. Is there any risk to making such a move ?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Occasional Latency issues after upgrading to 2.7.4.24

Hello ghoughto99,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for your post!!

I understand that you are experiencing latency issues on your RBS40. This can be a result of the firmware not being up to date.  The current firmware for your RBS40 is 2.7.4.24. Please ensure that all components in your Orbi mesh system are updated to this firmware for network compatibility.

Please see the links below for additional information on your RBS40 firmware and update options.

Current firmware for your RBS40:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBS40.aspx#download

For more information on manually updating your RBK50 please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/000037217/How-do-I-check-and-manually-upgrade-the-firmware-on-my-Orbi-satelli...

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7