Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One Windows 10 Computer Can't See/Connect to Orbi Network

raslavens
Initiate

One Windows 10 Computer Can't See/Connect to Orbi Network

Set up Orbi wireless-6 mesh system (1 router, 2 satellites, puchased from Costco) over the weekend. Everything went smoothly -- or so I thought.

I have one Dell Windows 10 laptop which cannot see or connect to the new Orbi network. Note: The new Orbi network has the same name as the old one. All the other devices reconnected without a hitch.

The Dell laptop can see other networks in our neighborhood, but not the Orbi. Any advice on troubleshooting? I've tried the device troubleshooting, as well as looking through the Netgear discussions to no avail.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: One Windows 10 Computer Can't See/Connect to Orbi Network

Update that specific computer Wi-Fi adapter driver. System integrators are lazy making current drivers available or listed on their download pages. Many Intel chip based Wi-Fi adapters with non-current drivers are known to not "see" Wi-Fi 6 access point radios. Temporary workaround can be disabling AX ... but that's really just a quick fix.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Update that specific computer Wi-Fi adapter driver. System integrators are lazy making current drivers available or listed on their download pages. Many Intel chip based Wi-Fi adapters with non-current drivers are known to not "see" Wi-Fi 6 access point radios. Temporary workaround can be disabling AX ... but that's really just a quick fix.

Message 2 of 3
raslavens
Initiate

Worked. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements